People love Amazon Fire TV Stick. It is one of the most reliable methods to connect Kodi home theater and watch programs of your choice. Although Fire Sticks by Amazon are cheap, and reasonably more powerful than Android. However, when it comes to troubleshooting, there are some solutions that don’t work. In fact, Amazon won’t support you at all when you ask them to fix any issues that directly related to them about Kodi home theater.
So, in this post, we are going to discuss, what options do you have available for Kodi Firestick and how you can solve them easily.
- Troubleshooting Kodi is difficult on Amazon Firestick because you have to deal with multiple issues that may or may not cause a problem with your network.
- Kodi Fire TV Stick add-ons can be a problem when working with Kodi and Amazon, in such cases you will only have to reinstall the program.
- Kodi works with multiple versions. In this article, we will focus on a single Kodi version. However, you are welcome to ask us questions and we will publish those methods as well in the next update.
Kodi not working on your Firestick? Amazon Blocking Kodi
- The first one is obviously to check your internet connection. You should be connected to the internet. If your WIFI is the problem, simply press RESTART.
- Now, try streaming another app like YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo, just to make sure that the videos are working on your system. Maybe the problem is not with Kodi but with FireStick.
- Is your ISP the problem? You may need to install a VPN service provider. But before you do that, get a free VPN service like Browsec or Zenmate and check if the internet is working properly.
Now that you are done with all these, it is time to move to the next step. That is: Reinstall Kodi on Amazon FireStrick platform.
Reinstall Kodi Addons on Amazon FireStick
You can easily resolve most of the issues by reinstalling Kodi addons and repositories on Amazon Firestick platform.
Whether you are struggling with an addon, or whether you just want to get the Kodi app unstuck, uninstall and reinstall option will be your best choice. Let’s learn how to do that.
Once you are done reinstalling your Kodi addons, make sure to update your addons and repositories.
An out-of-date repo or addon can cause dependency errors and other problems.
We’ll assume you know how to install repos and addons, but we’ll show you how to update or remove them.
How to update/remove a Kodi repository?
- Click on an addon in the Kodi repository, now go to Addons and select a repository that you have already installed.
- Long press on the repository to open the menu. Now click on Uninstall.
- Now reinstall the Kodi repository back on your app. That’s one way to solve the problem of Kodi repositories.
Does Kodi Work on Jailbroken Firestick Device?
Even on a jailbroken FireStick, you can install Kodi without any problem. Let’s get you through the whole process so that you can easily understand.
Download the Kodi.tv app on your FireStick device. Now, install it. The process should be simple. Kodi will automatically get installed on the system.
Once the Kodi application is installed on your FireStick system, it will show up in the app menu.
Now, launch Kodi to see if it is successfully installed and that you don’t need to do anything else.
This is the final screen you should see when Kodi is finally installed properly on your FireStick Amazon system.
Please note: We have shown the installation of Kodi Leia 18.5 in this article. Your installation may have a different layout.
Problem: Amazon Blocking Kodi? Use VPN
Another problem with Kodi is that most people have complained that Amazon FireStick doesn’t work on most devices. So, what is the solution to that?
The answer is: Get a VPN service because your ISP is blocking your network from accessing Kodi repositories. You can get some of the best VPNs available in the market. These are:
A simple plug-and-play VPN addon that you can use to unblock Kodi repositories and addons.
A faster, reliable, and sophisticated VPN player that you can use for Kodi and many other applications. It also comes with a desktop version.
Another great VPN client that you can use to access Kodi addons to view your desired program.
How To Fix Kodi 16 Jarvis Not Working on Firestick
There is a chance that Kodi 16 also called as Kodi Jarvis may not work on Firestick Amazon platform. This can be because of many reasons. So, in such situations, what options are available to you? Let’s discuss all about that.
- Always use a VPN server to make sure that network is not blocked
- Update to another version. Sometimes old version stop working because their support has ended.
Check your Kodi version and see if it is the latest in the market. If not, just uninstall Kodi and install the latest version on your system. Remember that by doing this you will have to reinstall all the repositories on your system.
How to Solve Kodi 17.1 Krypton Not Working on Firestick
The above method also applies to Kodi 17.1 also called as Kodi Krypton. If it is not working on FireStick, you will need to uninstall the current version and move to the latest one.
How to Fix Kodi 18 Leia Not Working on Firestick
The above method also applies to Kodi 18 also called as Kodi Leia. If it is not working on FireStick, you will need to uninstall the current version and move to the latest one.
Kodi App not Working on Firestick FAQs:
My firestick stopped working? what to do?
First of all, you need to know what Kodi build you are using. You don’t need any addon to fix Kodi. Simply click the debug log link – it is from the official Kodi – follow the advanced section on the wiki page. There, search for Android as Amazon FireStick is also Android based. This is one way to fix your Kodi related problems.
Firestick not streaming and playing movies?
This has many answers. So, first of all:
- Check if your internet is working and has enough speed to stream videos.
- If you are using an addon and the addon has stopped working, is it available with support. Is it an old addon? If that is the case, find an alternative.
- Are you using Real Debrid? If so, you may need to subscribe to its premium version to stream videos on Kodi FireStick.
- Is your content getting filtered or geo-blocked? Maybe you need to try a VPN server.
These are some of the ways to solve your Kodi related woes especially related to Amazon Firestick.