Kodi is a great software. The best thing about it is its customization. People like to keep the Kodi software customized by adding their favorite addons, change kodi skin, and making their own settings through the use of third party apps.
We strongly recommend to use Cheapest VPN for Kodi before Streaming any content on Kodi.
In this guide we will show you how to easily change the appearance of Kodi software through simple steps.
How to Change Kodi Skin on Jarvis version 16 or higher?
- Open Kodi software and select System from the menu
- Now select Appearance, select Skin
- A screen will pop up showing you the currently installed skin. If you have installed a screen add-on then you will be able to install that.
- To install a new theme, simply select ‘Get more.’
- Once you select a new theme, it will start to install.
- Give it some time and the skin will automatically start to install all applicable dependencies.
Once it is downloaded, you can change to the new skin automatically.
Installing a new skin in Kodi Jarvis 16 or Lower
You can install the new skin in Kodi Jarvis through the same steps. In some cases, the system menu may be differently organized.
- So, just open Kodi and head over to SYSTEM menu
- Click on appearance and then select screen
- Select change skin to add a new skin.
Install a new Skin on Kodi Krypton version 17 or higher
- Select Settings Cog at the top of the Kodi home screen
- Now select interface settings
- Click on Skin and select Skin again.
- You can now change the skin from this menu.
- Krypton allows you to install a new screen directly from the menu.
In case you want to add a new skin from a zip folder, then here is how to do it.
Install a skin from Zip file:
Although the Kodi software already includes skins that you can install, but sometimes you want to upload a skin that isn’t available by Kodi developers. In that case, you will need to install them from a zip folder.
Here is how to install a zip folder:
- First enable Unknown Source from Settings/System/Add-ons
- To do so, simply navigate to ‘Add-ons’ from the home screen and select ‘enter add-on browser’
- Now select ‘Install from a zip file’
You can install the skin through the same way in Leia version of Krypton. Only the ‘Appearance’ menu is changed by ‘Interface settings’ option.
How to restore old skin in Kodi?
The old skin can be restored through the same process. Simply head over to System> Appearance> Skin> Change Skin
Now restore the old screen by selecting it.